Monday 12 August 2013

Introducing Modern Tempted...


I first encountered Mills&Boon on the bookshelf in my mum’s bedroom.  For those of you who know my mother, I’d like to point out that it was in her childhood bedroom in my grandparents’ house and I’m fairly certain that the omnibus in question belonged to my grandmother.  One arranged marriage, one doctor in need of a bride and one steamy office affair that scorched itself into my consciousness.

And I was hooked. 

Fourteen years down the line and I’m still addicted to them.  Back in 2011 – after a particularly messy night out on the town – I was browsing in WHSmith at London Victoria station (even when absolutely plastered I read on the train home) and came across Riva.  Billed as fun, flirty, sexy and stylish, it was replacing the ever popular Modern Heat and after just one book I was addicted.

Over the next year and a half I went on to buy every single Riva book in print and wasn’t far off devastated when the imprint took a prolonged hiatus.

So, why I am telling you all this?  Well, Riva has been reborn as Modern Tempted: fresh, flirty and stylish with a good dollop of sex on the side.  I’m delighted to see that they’ve also kept the thing that made Riva my favourite Mills & Boon imprint – these women are strong, feisty and independent.  They have careers and dreams and they’re not afraid to do what they want the most.

So for the rest of this week I’ll be blogging about September’s print offerings:  Natalie Anderson’s The Right Mr Wrong; The Unexpected Wedding Guest by Aimee Carson; Amy Andrew’s Girl Least Likely to Marry; and I You Can’t Stand the Heat by Joss Wood.

Join me and my Mills&Boon boys (four of my male friends whom I’ve coerced into posing with the books) as I introduce you to Modern Tempted!

And for those of you who were wondering what the name of the first steamy book I read was...


5 comments:

  1. My first was Call Me by Alison Kent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow I love this blog... It's hilarious and cool at the same time. Awesome work missus. [It's just a handy fringe benefit that you like our books]

    Am particularly digging your M&B boys, btw.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much - really appreciate the comments. (And let's be honest, what self-respecting hopeless romantic doesn't like M&B?!)

      Well, I was planning on getting a M&B boy to coincide with the paperback release of Maid of Dishonour - if that's sumat you'd like...

      Delete