Tuesday 12 March 2013

Is YouTube John Cusack's boombox?


There are many people who just don't get musicals.  I mean, in some ways they're incredibly unrealistic - who bursts into song at the drop of a hat when they're not in the shower / on their own in the house?!  But I like the way that music can speak when mere words aren't enough to express your true feelings.

I mean, who does really sing and dance in the rain?


These days, when you want to get your feelings across to someone, one of the easiest ways to do so is to point the person you're speaking to in the direction of a YouTube video.

Perhaps it's not quite as dramatic as holding a boombox below someone's window, but it still has a certain something.  The dramatic pause whilst you go to look up the video, the delight in your eyes when you listen to the lyrics and realise what it is that they're trying to say...all of these things seem to me to be as valid as John Cusack holding up a boombox.

Isn't he adorable?!

And perhaps the purists among you will shudder at the idea of technology permeating romance like that; but I think it's utterly lovely.  And it makes me smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment