Friday 1 March 2013

First Date Syndrome




As I near this evening, and my first first date of 2013, I’m surprisingly calm.  Usually at this point I’m running round like a headless chicken in an attempt to beautify myself past recognition.

That’s not to say that I’m not excited or looking forward to it.  Because I am.  I really am.  But I’ve decided not to go in with the expectation of perfection.  There are so many 'meet cutes' in fiction and films, and even tv shows (Cougar Town fanatics – it’s all about Bobby and Andy’s 'meet cute') that we come to expect or hope for them in real life.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m still an utterly hopeless romantic; I’ve just decided to enjoy dates for what they are.  To have fun, be myself, and not get too worried about when the first kiss should happen, or when we should hold hands.  Spontaneity is the name of the game.

But with all that said, if there’s a rom-com moment I'll be enchanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment